The joys and challenges of parenting reach a new level when your ADHD child becomes a teenager!
Your teen's main focus is his/her development as their own person – separate and independent from you.
When parenting a strong-willed adolescent with ADHD, most everything in parenting can become even more challenging!
Your ADHD Parenting Coach will help you:
- Understand the special challenges your ADHD teen faces with relationships, driving, peer pressures, etc.
- Promote your teen's foundation for adulthood
- Improve yours and your child's "dance" between independence and controlled boundaries
- Develop your teen's life skills to when they are living away from home
- Support academic success
- Create a team to assist in identifying learning needs to promote success with accommodations and educational opportunities
- Identify appropriate professionals to re-evaluate your young ADHD adult's emotional, physical, and educational needs
- In NOT giving up on parenting
- Develop boundaries for dating and healthy relationships outside of family
- Focus on the strengths of your child and understand his limitations
- Create the environment that supports success WITH your teen
- Development of boundaries, including rewards around those boundaries
- Prepare for the transition and launching of your young adult
Adolescence is an wonder-filled, yet challenging time for parents and teens – we can help you and your adolescent with ADHD navigate this important time in your and his/her life!